Tuesday, March 27, 2007

What is this "on-net" talk time?

In my earlier post "Truce Reached", I had mentioned that Reliance offered me on-net talk time of Rs.1000/= value. Though I had asked them to specify it in writing, since no such scheme for Rs. 1000/- value was displayed in their web-site, at that time they had given me only verbal explanations about this offer.

From their web-site you will find out that two schemes are available under this so called on-net talk time for 30 days and 45 days. In both the schemes, you can make calls to any mobile or landline and different rates are prescribed for inter circle/intra circle/ RIM to RIM etc.

Upon my persistent email, their customer care executive has atlast replied me in writing.According to his email, what has been offered to me is something very strange and peculiar and not covered under any of these schemes. Under their offer, I can make calls to any RIM-inter circle or intra circle. That too for a period of three months. Thereafter, all incoming calls can be received till the end of the first year.

Now I am convinced that they have devised this peculiar plan only to avoid further embarrassment, while appearing to appease me.

Message to Anil Ambani

Good job Mr Anil Ambani. If your people can create peculiar talk-plans to give away to complainants like me, what prevented them from restoring the original plan to which I subscribed to. Probably your greed for making more money from the gullible people, does not permit them to redress genuine grievances in a fair manner. Don't heave a sigh of relief. I will make this blog more popular so that it is read by a lot of netizens. This I promise, Anil.

4 comments:

~Me said...

Hello Reliance infocomm cheated customer,

From a fellow such customer - would you be able to share the email ID of Anil that you mentioned? I am fed up with the service attitude that these ppl have - to keep my cool, would rather shout out at the boss and feel good before shifting to another.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Dear Pal,
They are shameless.
Money minded draculas
What ........ type of Indians they are!!!!!

Veda said...

Yes, Reliance does not seem to do fair business. I was going thru posts for Anil's email id and looked at this interesting post. Wanted to share my experience too.

1) When I visited my a/c for usage history on 14th Mar 2010, it showed up 91% (of 8GB) and I was out of station from 15th Mar 2010. After I returned on 20th I tried to login it said my a/c has been suspended. When I contacted they (so called customer service) said I exceeded the credit limit. On one single day I used up 6GB (almost 6 movies I should have downloaded !) on Mar 12th, 2010. But the session wise report shows that I created 2 sessions on 12th Mar, 2010 totaling 30 hours. A simple common sense will say that how come we can have session total hours can exceed 24 hours. Also they do not allow more than one login at a time which clearly says that no 2 sessions can be active at a time. I can exactly pin point what went wrong in their system. I have handled a lot of mobile software both form embedded and processing center perspectives and so can guess what could have gone wrong. But some Ramlals from remote places, they have to believe what Reliance says.


2) They don't have even trained techies. When I kept broadband connection ON (i.e. not logged out) the power backup went off and modem got switched off. I was not able to login again and it said "another computer has logged in". So they simply said I have to wait for 6 hours to get it restored. But the issue is with their biz logic which did not take care of DHCP (servers automatically assign IP to clients) protocol, which prevented another login. Even after I explained the issue clearly they could not restore my connection before 6 hours.

It is unfortunate that Reliance does not want to have good customer service people.

Lalit said...

The most disgusting and awful service I have ever received. A seven year old user (Landline) is begging for help and my voice seems to be falling on deaf and dumb ears. I am sick and tired of jotting down the complain numbers and the horrible co-ordination has been raising my pain. It has been over a quarter and now the script has taken the ugliest turn. Even in my wildest dream I can't imagine the extent of this pathetic service. I have mailed Anil Ambani and will start raining in public very soon.